Monday, August 3, 2015

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge

Rating :  0 / 5
Released Date  : 5th May 2015
Pages : 448
Genre : Epic Fantasy, YA
Publisher: Balzer & Bray/Harperteen
Source: I own a Copy

“In all your life, your only choice,” Aunt Léonie said to her once, “is the path of needles or the path of pins.”

Please don’t hate me.

I got to page 85 and I couldn’t continue anymore, I was bored out of my mind not because I believe it to be a bad book. I heard so many positive reviews. It is the simple reason of being written in 3rd person.

Our main character’s name is Rachelle and she’s one hell of a woman don’t get me wrong. I can withstand most 3rd person reads but this nah-uh. If I sentence starts and ends with Rachelle said, the possibility that I will chuck the book against the nearest wall is too great of a risk.

For example:

“I’m not going there to dance at the parties,” said Rachelle. ”I’m going as a bodyguard.”

The mental torture, but fear not I will schedule this as a reread and write a proper review only for you my Bookish Friends.

It’s just a personal preference. I can’t take it if I can’t be a part of someone’s story but merely a bystander. It’s like being told the story from someone who likes to whisper behind someone’s back, a Skinderbekkie in Afrikaans (That sucks.) 
But don’t let that scare you away. If you want to read it by all means read it, it might not be that bad after all.

Get the Book Here ↓


Visit the Author Here ↓

Rosamund Hodge