Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Lost Girl by R. L. Stine

The Lost Girl by R. L. Stine

Rating: 3.5 / 5
Released Date: 29th September 2015
Pages: 272
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery, YA
Publisher:  St. Martin's Press.
Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to  St. Martin's Press and Netgalley.

”But my parents don’t know about my powers. I call them my “tricks,” and they’re my little secret. And I plan to keep them a secret because Mom and Dad already think I’m a problem child.”

At first I thought that this is somewhat confusing but as the story progress, I quite enjoyed it. It was a surprise and let’s face it, vengeance can be as broken as anyone who wields it.

The Writing Style. (4/5)

The Lost Girl is written in only one POV, which I adored  because it preserved the mystery.  The plot and characters were all planned amazingly and let to the suspense that made this read worthwhile (I love to speculate and I did not suspect any of it.)

The World. (3/5)

There are two worlds in this read, one was in the past and one was in the present. I’m going to admit that I had no idea why the past was necessary because it felt like two different stories but in the end when everything came together I was dumbfounded.  There was no spectacular about the two worlds, it was as ordinary as you can get.

The Plot. (4/5)

The whole story is based on the need for vengeance and I don’t want to elaborate to much.  Basically, This boy’s whole world changed the day he met this girl in the supermarket, stealing. They became awkward friends and he felt a sort of sudden attraction towards this girl.
After a tragic day in the snow, the dead starts to hunt his friends and the threats flow freely. 

(I suck in this part.) Vengeance is the only word that comes to mind when I want to describe the plot.

The Characters. (3/5)

Michael.

Michael is a good-doer. (Well that's his opinion. ) This is not a bad boy and I honestly think that he has a good heart (except for the fact that he should have done the right thing in the first place when he ran over someone.)

This poor senior went through a lot and I admire his determination and strong will but after the threats he should have went to the police and that cost him a friend's life.

I don't know what else to say.

Lizzy.

(Ha! I knew there was something fishy about this girl. Okay, okay I won't be a spoiler. ) At first I thought She was just a poor girl with no where to go and stealing food to feed herself. (Boy, you are in for a surprise! )

Enough said, she was a good edition to the pact of friends.

The Smaller Things.

I did like this read but it felt a bit dragged. I guess it's what led to the suspense in the end. Initially, this is a Young Adult Horror but because I absolutely love my horrors,  I did not fully get that scare feeling and wouldn't rate it as a horror.  (So sorry but I'm only being honest. )

I recommend this to everyone who loves a bit of fantasy mixed with mystery.

Get the Book Here ↓

Amazon

Visit the Author Here ↓

R. L. Stine