Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Curse of the Sphinx

Curse of the Sphinx by Raye Wagner

Rating: 4.5 / 5
Released Date: 9th August 2015
Pages: 344
Genre: Greek Mythology, Fantasy, YA
Publisher:  Red Coat PR
Source: : I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Red Coat PR  and Netgalley.

“Life wasn’t meant to be lived in perfect safety. Living was all about risks, love, loss, joy, pain, sorrow, and triumph. Hiding was a shallow existence, it wasn’t living. And now that she knew it, Hope wasn’t going to stop living.”

I love Greek Mythology and I really, really liked this book.  It was an intoxicating fresh read. I loved the way the Author mixed Mythology with Teenage drama. I couldn’t get enough.

The Writing Style.  (4/5)

There was only one POV and it’s written in First person. I loved the writing style and was transfixed by every word (Hanging from one’s lips. Yep, that happened.) Overall, the Author did an amazing job to capture her readers attention from start to finish. (Never a dull moment.)

The World. (4/5)

The story is based in a modern day world with a twist. (I love the extraordinary and this was precisely what I’m looking for in a book.) Demi-gods co-exist with humans in this world. They don’t always know who they are but it’s no secret at all.

Everything else is basically just normal stuff except for the Skia . They are Hades’s offspring that lives in the shadows with one mission : kill all the immortals they can find. (They are wicked.)

The Plot. (5/5)

Hope and her Mother has a secret and  is always on the run but when something awful happens, Hope is left to fend for herself. 

I personally think this book as a lot of potential and I can’t wait to read the second book in the series.

The Characters.  (5/5)

Hope

I loved this Character and she grew on me. Hope is strong and she can stand up for herself. (The perfect Heroine.) I felt really bad for her. She was alone but she survived.

Hope has and her family is cursed and she would guard this secret as long as she can. She a Sphinx and she’s being hunted like a monster. (But she’s not one at all.) She pushes people away but her wall cracks when she moves to a small town. She made a friend and fell in love. She knew better than that but she was happy again.

Athan

Athan was hot but when we meet him in the mortal world I wanted to scream go away. (He appeared to be the Gigolo and then he got persistent. . . )

Athan is on the hunting the Sphinx as a bargaining chip for his father but what he didn’t know is the very same girl he fell in love with is his target.

I really would have loved to have read Athan’s point of view because there was some holes and he seems like a great guy.

The Smaller Things.

I enjoyed this read more than I thought I would and I highly recommend that you do yourself a favor and buy it!

I would recommend this book to everyone who loves Greek Mythology, Romance and Fantasy.

Get the Book Here ↓

Amazon

Visit the Author Here ↓

Raye Wagner