Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hero Engine Launch Bash

Hero Engine Launch Bash

What an amazing event this was and if you did not attend,  I'm here to rub your nose in it and tell you what you've missed. (Nope, not being mean just honest. Oh, common! Why are you reading this then?)

I had to staple my eyelids to my forehead for this one but I was not going to miss it for anything in the world. (If it weren't for my Favorite Author, I probably would have. )

In celebration of Alex Nader's new book (which I'll explain down below and feed your bookish needs with.) Cyhnthia Dawn Taylor kicked off an event for Authors and readers.

I would say that it was a success. There was 11 Authors including Alex Nader and the Authors did an Author Takeover of 30 minutes each. It was my first time attending such an event and some Authors first Author Takeover.  (By the way, you did great!)

In each 30 minute section the Authors played mini games, held giveaways, talked about their books and shared their knowledge (links) with everyone, etc. The theme was Superheroes.

I laughed until my tummy hurt. I forgot my creativity cap and as the night went on even my spelling cap was misplaced.  We joked, we learned, we experienced a world of book bliss.

The Authors that participated were:
(In my timezone.)

(8:00 PM - 8:30 PM) Karina Kantas, Author of The Outlaw Series.

(8:30 PM - 9:00 PM) Wendy Garfinkle, Author of the Serpent on the Cross series

(9:00 PM - 9:30 PM) Laney McMann, Author of The Fireborn Series.

(9:30 PM - 10:00 PM) Sadie Grubor, Author of The Fallen Stars series.

(10:00 PM - 10:30 PM) Cynthia Dawn Taylor, Author of The Chances Are series.

(10:30 PM - 11:00 PM) Brandy Jellum, Author of Say Something series.

(11:00 PM - 11:30 PM) Monica-Marie Vincent, Author of Blood So Violet.

(11:30 PM - 12:00 AM) Erin Debney Cristofoli, Author of Starting Over.

(12:00 AM - 12:30 AM) Robert Pruneda, Author of the Devil's Nightmare Series.

(12:30 AM - 01:00 AM) David Reierson (S.E. Rise) , Author of The Shimmering Series.

The man of the Hour
(*DRUMROLL*)

Alex Nader, Author of the Beast and Burdin Series

AUTHOR BIO.

I know author bios are supposed to be written in third person, but forget that. I want to talk about me. I am a wordsmith who loves stories that make you laugh out loud. Three awesome kids (Luckily they take after their mother) and a couple of day jobs that keep me busy. But I still manage to find spare moments to jot down some words.

One day I might make a living from these tall tales, but until then I’ll continue chugging coffee while creating new stories and sharing them with the world. I hope you like them as much as I do. You can catch up with me at AlexanderNader.com or click the follow button on twitter @AlexNaderWrites. Drop me a line and I’ll be sure to send one back.

HERO ENGINE BLURB

‘Cool’ Jim Quig has one love : his job. And he likes it that way. While Jim protects the streets, the heroes take all the credit. He's fine with that, all cops are. Sort of. So when the director of the Super Hero Initiative (SHI) asks Jim to help solve a mystery plaguing SHI headquarters, he's not interested. Who cares if an ancient artifact known as the Hero Engine has been destroyed? Or if every super hero in existence was altered into their superhuman state by the device? It's not Jim's problem. The 'capes' can solve their own mystery.

The director doesn’t take no for answer and Jim’s task is to not only find out who destroyed the Engine, but why one hero has gone AWOL. For the last fifty-two years, SHI has protected the world, but with the destruction of the Engine, and a rogue killing super humans, the golden era of heroes has ended. Cool Jim Quig is about to find out what happens when a cape goes nutso. If only he had just said no to the guy in the flashy suit.

So where can you get this epic book ?

Right Here Baby ↓

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Books-a-million

I met some really cool people and had so much fun (you missed out on a lot. Yeah, you kind of suck.) You can click on any of the names above and make it up to them, by stalking and supporting!