Saturday, December 19, 2015

For the love of Dixie by Shyla Colt

For the love of Dixie by Shyla Colt (Kings of Chaos #3)

Rating: 5 / 5

Released Date:  27th October 2015

Pages: 234

Genre: MC, Suspense,  Erotica

Publisher:  Hot Ink Press

Source:  I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Shyla Colt and Sage.
 

“We don’t bitch and wine. We change what does not work and keep it moving.”

I got ahead of myself and fell right into book three. (oops) but by the time I completed For the love of Dixie, I was ready to jump on board the Kings of Chaos series like an overly excited prospect. (Oh come on! That was a good analogy.) I love good Motorcycle club stories but the surrealism surrounding For the love of Dixie took my breath away. Here’s why ↓

The Writing Style. (5 / 5)

 This read was fast and Shyla just captures your heart from the first few pages on. It was very well written. This lady knew what she was doing. (You go girl!). For the love of Dixie is written in first person and I love the way how you could be so engulfed by this read like it felt as if you were walking in Dixie’s high heels and in Echo’s bad boy shoes. There was moments when the Author took us through the past and It felt to me like I haven’t missed a single thing. I really enjoyed this read.

The World. (5 / 5)

I don’t want to say too much regarding the world but as you’ve guessed it’s the cruel world from which we fear bikers. I’m sorry but they scare the shit out of me. (Probably because I watched too much SOA. Remember the snow globe scene?) What got me all sweaty and freaking out, is the way that Shyla (What a beautiful name.) captures the issues regarding racism. It just breaks my heart and I feared for Dixie because pew, Echo’s Dad is an asshole. The world was exactly how I imagined and wanted to be, the emotions that the Author brought to the table was amazing, she blew me away. This right here folks is what good books are made of. She kept the problems real and your sucked into a world that you’ll remember long after you turned the last page.

The Sex. (3 / 5) (you know this was going to happen.)

The sex was great I had only one problem and that’s the Daddy references. (I’m so sorry.) Every time Dixie said: “Yes, Daddy.” I cringed internally because when she relives her past as a child see refers to her Father as Daddy. (You see why it daunts on me?)  But for the rest of their crazy sex, the desire they had for one another was beautiful after all the things that they had to overcome to be together. It was the passion that changed everything.

The Plot. (5 / 5)

Okay, by this time you all know the drill. Here’s the synopsis.

After having her heart broken by Echo, Dixie Dunn makes a new life for herself, away from the Kings Of Chaos. Now, she must return in order to get her stubborn father back to fighting shape after a heart attack. She knows she’ll have to face Echo, as he has made it clear over the years that she still belongs to him. But she refuses to give him any chance to crush her heart again.

Echo, Joel Spencer knows that Dixie hates him, but he also knows she yearns for him. After being forced by his hateful father to practically leave her at the altar when they were teens, he realizes that he has his work cut out for him. One thing is on his side, he knows what she wants and needs. This time, he WILL make her his again, and to hell with whoever gets in his way.

The plot flowed and it was well thought out. I couldn’t be more happy with the end result and how things turned out in the en. This was one heck of a story (But, I told you that all ready.)

The Characters. (5 / 5)

Dixie Rose.

Dixie just climb into my heart and she stayed there. She’s an amazing woman and she knows what is important. She had some pretty big things to deal with but let’s face it, you’ll never meet another Dixie Rose.

Joel Spencer aka Echo.

Where can I get one? Biker bad boys like Echo makes my legs turn into jelly. I adored the way Shyla kept them real to a point that you would think they exist.  Echo is all Authority, he knows what he has to do and what he wants. He’s a strong male character and I couldn’t get enough of him.

The Smaller Things.

Overall, I enjoyed every single character and their unique names. The club members were very supportive in the end. There’s a lesson to be learned in every book and this one has one heck of a hidden message between its pages. Shyla had me hanging onto her every last words and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Get the Book Here ↓

Amazon

Visit the Author Here ↓

Shyla Colt