Saturday, October 10, 2020

Daemoneum by Laney McMann

Daemoneum by Laney McMann

Series: The Primordial Principles #2
Published: 22 July 2016
Page Count: 361
Source: A copy was given to me on a Read-to-Review basis.

“In time, you will come to understand that love is the curse and power is the savior.”

Each time, Laney McMann writes she creates a piece of art. It’s not just words, it’s the type of story you’d remember for ever. You become the story. When I received the ARC, I was going through some hardship but reading this, felt like I stepped outside on a cloudy, dark day and the sun burst through the overcast, illuminating everything.

I can close my eyes and feel every emotion running through the characters like I was standing in their shoes, or breathe Venice’s chilly night air – hell – I can even reach out and touch the flutter of my avian wings on the sides of my neck.

Like I said, It’s an masterpiece of words.

Onwards!

The Writing Style (5/5)

The amount of dedication showcasing in Daemoneum is , in short, astonishing. Laney possesses a very unique descriptive and narrative style that will quickly capture and fix the attention of her readers. Vivid laconic details will sweep you away to a world you would have a hard time in letting go. I like to think of her writing as indelible, colorful and sweet.

Her setting makes you feel like you are a part of the scene that unfolds before your eyes, even the characters are of such a nature that you are pulled into their lives without feeling like an outsider. Love drives our protagonist but Laney also includes all aspects of everyday reality such as acceptance, loyalty, sexual diversity, class separation etc.

The World. (5/5)

The world itself? Exceptional. That’s the only word that I can think of right now and that doesn’t even cut it. I traveled to the some pretty awesome places. I mean, Laney described her world so vividly that even though I can’t afford to travel to my own backyard, I was able to see Venice through the eyes of Cole and Kade and Heru.

She established the settings to accompany the overall mood and actions of the characters, while still contributing to the overall atmosphere. The settings also sheds light on the characters, and their past lives while establishing some conflicts that they needed to resolve.

This is harder to explain than I thought. . .

But, it was well written in every sense that makes an ordinary story, extraordinary and I wouldn’t mind taking the journey to this world over and over again – hell, I’d pack my stuff and move to the brotherhood if I could.

The Plot. (5/5)

The last thing this read had was second book syndrome. It had more twist and turns than a mountain trail. I laughed and I cried and I felt panic bubble over my lips in some cussing sorts of disbelieve. The way Laney unfolds all the events, let her characters guide the story and concluded the story, was gripping from start until finish.

The Characters. (5/5)

Our beloved characters faced more dangers, more heartache in the second installment but in the end they stuck together. Kade and Cole had realistic lover’s quarrels , which I just adored because most of us can relate to it. She has this amazing way of mixing real problems with the sweet world of fantasy. The love that surrounds these characters is something so unique that  it will warm your heart and take your breath away. There’s these moments in the book that queezes your heart in ways that you won’t think is remotely possible. Don’t let love fool you, there’s some pretty scary people we get to meet and they’ll send chills running down your spine.

The Smaller Things.

I am really at a lost of words and I don’t know how to tell you how amazing this book was without spoiling the read for you.

Every reader once in their life, stumble upon an Author that speaks to their soul. Almost like the Author wrote the book just for you and you end up hanging on every word and the world fades away and you can completely surrender yourself to the story. This is one of those stories and I can promise you that you’re in for one hell of a ride.

I wish I could fan girl and tell you everything but silence is sometimes a gift.

I strongly recommend reading this, because a review can’t do this read justice. What I can tell you is that book three is going to blow our minds!

Booja, Baby!

So my rating for this beauty . . .

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Review for the first book in the series can be found here! 

http://abibliomaniac.blogspot.com/2015/09/crystallum-by-laney-mcmann.html