Saturday, September 26, 2020

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas


"When you spent so long trapped in darkness, Lucien, you find that the darkness begins to stare
back."

There's a sort of empty, hollow, darkness that replaced the sheer joy after reading this. I think
Maas ruined me for good this time . . .*Sigh* I think I might be mildly depressed. In fact, I feel so empty that I might never read again just to preserve that feeling. 

(Okay, Mopping subsided - for now)

Lets discuss the beauty that is A Court of Mist and Fury!

The world was amazing (Of course it's because Rhysand is the ruler - pfff) No seriously, I could a life there for ever and ever and ever (Okay, you get the point) 

(Aside 1: Did I mention this book was soul wrecking?)

I Have no freaking Idea how to write this review for I'm at a total lost of fancy words and I might
risk some spoilers if I do. . .
There weren't really much action but there were times when emotions almost had me running
for the nearest exit to get fresh air.

First of all Maas was so damn cruel, I felt like hitting her with her own creation. The Emotions
she proved was equal to brutal torment. I could feel my mind being shredded.

There is a moment went something horrible happens to Feyre and maybe it was her survival guilt and PTSD that had me bellowing in a near feral growl, but I as a reader felt like suffocating alongside her. I could feel the darkness gutter my - her - light. It was amazing. 
Her writing style like always is beyond amazing and intense and just otherworldly.

(Aside 2: At some point my fiance told me to calm down . . . it was that mind blowing.)

I have a theory that Tamlin only used Feyre to break the curse but hey, that's just me.
Every single character has and hold a special place in my heart because through all their
hardships and all the cruelty that they had to endure, they still dream.

As soon as it was over I wanted more, I nearly reread it immediately. It is one of those books that will haunt me for ever. It was just spectacular and I'd recommend it to anyone and 
everyone.A Court of Mist and Fury is a world that I'll gladly get lost in and never come back from.