Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Beast of Burdin (Volume 1) by Alexander Nader

Beast of Burdin (Volume 1) by Alexander Nader

Rating: 5 / 5
Released Date:  26 January 2014
Pages: 160
Genre: Paranormal, Humor, Thriller, Horror
Publisher:  J. Taylor Publishing
Source:  I received a digital copy of this book as a gift. Thanks to Alexander Nader.

“And circuses travel with clowns. And clowns are the closest any human being can be to a demon. I’m sure of it.”

HA! Bet your ass they are.

Beast of Burdin was an excellent read. (Seriously.)  Before I knew it, I couldn’t get enough of TY and his badass humor. I’ve been scheduling book dates with this man for some time now (Ever experience that feeling that you want to throw someone with a book because they keep interrupting you ?) Anywhos, Once I started, I got sucked into this world, where everything around me just faded away and I became a hunter. (That’s when you know you’re reading a good book.) Beast of Burdin was one heck of journey.

The Writing Style. (5/5)

In the midst of all this shit happening to the world, I laughed more for TY’s crude, sometimes inappropriate jokes but then there was times that my blood froze in anticipation. Beast of Burdin had it all. It was well written, I enjoyed Alexander’s writing style immensely. The dialog, the world, the action, everything deserved a five star all on its own. Well done Mr. Nader.

The World. (5/5)

TY’s world takes place in ours. (No biggie? Wrong!) There’s an army of demons created by a demon lord, ready to make earth a living hell. What I really enjoyed was the creativity behind every demon, they all were different, some was just plain nasty and other . . .well . . . worked in a bar. The “Agency” is a underground company (like AREA 51) that has “Hunters” to deal with “Demons” (Pretty freakin’ awesome if you ask me. This is like Supernatural just better because it’s a book.) I loved the Chaos that the Author created .

The Plot. (5/5)

Yeah, you know the drill, blurb it is.

Demon hunter Ty Burdin hung up his guns, knife, trench coat and fedora a year ago. Bags packed, hands washed of all demon politics, he's done. Forever. In fact, to get far far away, he dragged Nora, his rockabilly secretary, from Miami to the Tennessee mountains where he's lived a life of peace—if peace can be defined as drowning in scotch and taking private eye jobs to keep the lights on. Jobs for real people. Not demons. No demons. He's retired from that. Remember? Demon hunters aren't a dime a dozen, though, and when Ty's brother asks him for a favor—just one—what's a brother to do? Agreeing to take down one hillbilly demon shouldn't take that long. In. Decapitate. Out. Favor complete. Back to the office where Nora and his bottle of whiskey are waiting. Unfortunately for Ty, staying retired doesn't seem to be in the cards, and an avalanche of bad luck draws him right back to an agency he despises and the career that nearly cost him his sanity. This time, Ty has no way out and will have to face his own demons just to survive.

The plot was well thought out and I couldn’t be more happier to be a part of the journey that TY took me through.

The Characters. (5/5)

Ty Burdin

Before I start rambling, this guy, wow! I seriously will take him home just to listen to his snappy comments and have a word war of some sort (In which I will probably loose.) Ty was awesome, he doesn’t really fucking care, or does he? (you’ll never know.) He retired and the assholes had to drag him right back in to it. PI, loves his whiskey, Legend, humoristic and badass, that pretty much sums it up. He’s the Hero I’ve been waiting for, for there will only be one of his kind. (Believe me.) He takes you through hell, after being through hell, and leaves you wanting more. Ty is the perfect MC.

Others.

Nora, Diaz, Digger, Hartnet and Mephisto, all was a part of a magnificent story and I loved them all. (I am greedy like that.)

The Smaller Things.

Beast of Burdin is the start of an epic story, that will have you on the edges of your seats and just when you think your anticipation is going to explode, laughter will dance on your lips like you won the powerball.

I highly recommend this read to everyone!

Get the Book here ↓

Amazon

Visit the Author Here ↓

Alexander Nader