Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Wrath and the Dawn

The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.




Rating : 5 / 5
Published : May 12th 2015
Pages : 388
Genre : Young Adult Fantasy
Publisher : G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers 
 

"One hundred lives for the one you took. One Life to one dawn."

First of all, before I start to describe how amazing this book is, I just want to say that I dislike to read a book in third person view, it's annoying not to be a part of the characters but merely a bystander. So l bow to you Renee Ahdieh, with my hand to my brow, for being the first Author to get me to read a TPV book. (Its just so good.)

Where to start ? This is a hard one. I don't want to give it all away so bare with me.

The Writing Style. (5 / 5)

Overall the grammar and writing style was astounding and so good. I would love to read a NA book from this Author. Every Chapter had a unique Title that didn't give a lot away but was beautiful constructed (My favorite Title was: "a Silk cord and a Sunrise.") I'll definitely read The Rose and the Dagger.

"After all, every story has a story."

Where to start ? This is a hard one. I don't want to give it all away so bare with me.

The World. (5 / 5)

The story is based in an Arabian desert, the look, the feel and basically everything. (The Author created a vivid and rich image, from the characters clothes to the food they ate.)

The Plot. (5 / 5)

In the face of a Curse that takes the lives of innocent girls, a King and an avenging friend finds their way to show that in the end love prevails above all else.

The Characters. ( 5 / 5)

16 year old, Shahrzad goes on a suicide slash avenging mission. She willingly gives up everything (Yes folks, even her life.) To marry the boy-king, Khalid : who weds, beds and kills his bride at dawn. (The beds part is not entirely true but I won't give that part away. It was shocking enough to read.)

Khalid who took the throne at the young age of 14, was so intrigued by Shahrzad story, spares her one day to finish it and that's where all the yummy drama begins. It just goes to show that even a story can safe your life. The story she told even had me hanging on her lips, I can just imagine how the caliph felt.

There is also another boy, Tariq. Scorned by the choice his childhood sweetheart made, he secretly plots a war to overthrow the boy-king. (Aaah, the love Triangle.) I guess hell hath no fury like a lover scorned.

The Smaller Things.

May I also add that the Acknowledgment was just as heartfelt and she mentions the Author of an Ember in the Ashes, Sabaa Tahir. You are amazing women.
This book is full of surprises and was worth every bit of my time. I recommend it to everyone.

The Blurb.

A little treasure amongst an abundance of books. Magnificent, Captivating and lingers long after the last page has been turned.

Get the Book Here ↓



Visit the Author ↓